Sunday 14 September 2014

Life in Jakarta so far...

The main road into Country Woods estate
My goodness, a month has just flown by! We are continuing to settle in well here and life in Jakarta is good. I'm especially excited about having Bahasa lessons and am making much more of an effort to learn some local language than I ever did in 3 years of living in China. Having an Indonesian driver should help too but I'm not promising anything!

I'm getting very used to having a swimming pool in our compound and trying to use it a few times a week in a bid to improve my dwindling fitness. However this didn't go according to plan last week as my legs were attacked by many (or possibly one very hungry) mosquitoes and I didn't want the chlorine to irritate them further. 

The view from our balcony
Last weekend I was very lucky to be able to meet up and knit with a fellow knitter and her husband while they visited from Bali. Being away from other knitters is one downside to life abroad but it makes meeting up with knitters all the more special. It was lovely to compare yarn, patterns and experiences and I hope to stay in touch with them. 

Talking of knitting I couldn't let the gorgeous yarn for my cardigan sit in it's skein any longer. I've wound about half of it but it's enough to keep me knitting on my cardigan for a little while. The second sleeve is finished and I can now start the fronts. Also in a bid to motivate me to get back into knitting I've ordered some yarn from Juno Fiber Arts in the Alice base. There is no guarantee that it will reach me but I have my fingers crossed!

Trees line the roads
 
















Our flat is looking more homely with the addition of a new sofa of our choosing. Our shipment is due to arrive at the end of October and we're really looking forward to being able to personalise the apartment even more so.
The playing field
That's it for now but do stay tuned for more posts about life in Indonesia. 

Follow on Bloglovin








No comments:

Post a Comment